BE16 voltage detector
Stepless, non-contact voltage detection starting at 5 V
Quick and non-contact detection of alternating voltages
The non-contact voltage detector BE16 belongs in the basic tool kit of every craftsman and do-it-yourselfer. For the convenient measuring device detects voltage sources of only 5 V ranging up to 1,000 V or 50 Hz to 400 Hz quickly and reliably.
Located at the side of the voltage detector is a thumbwheel allowing the stepless regulation of the sensitivity level. In advance you can finely adjust the measuring range to the voltage values to be expected.
It is perfectly suited for finding a cable break or determining the presence of alternating voltage in fuses, open wires, cable drums, jacks, sockets, switches and cables concealed in the wall.
Clipped onto shirt, jacket or trouser pocket – the compact and reliable testing instrument BE16 is always close at hand for quick voltage detection applications.
Quick and reliable voltage detection – even in rather dark surroundings
Owing to the capacitive measurement method, approaching the conductor with the voltage detector suffices – without any contact – and the BE16 will warn you quickly by means of a flashing red LED illuminating the entire detector tip. An acoustic warning signal is also emitted in addition.
The compact, pen-shaped voltage detector comes equipped with an on-demand LED lamp integrated in the measuring head; it permits the safe and precise operation even in poor lighting conditions.
Compact pen style design with pocket clip
All Voltage detectors in direct comparison:
To find the voltage detector which exactly meets your requirements, please consult the concise overview of all Voltage detectors from Trotec, which we're providing to you here so that you can compare them directly to each other.
Models which you do not wish to include in your comparison can be easily dismissed with only one click.
A few practical benefits:
- Quick and non-contact detection of alternating voltage
- Voltage range 5 V – 1,000 V AC / 50 Hz – 400 Hz
- Protection class CAT IV 1,000 V
- Visual and acoustic alarm when voltage is present
- Stepless adjustment of the measurement sensitivity
- Compact design in pen shape with pocket clip
- Integrated LED lamp for operation in unfavourable lighting conditions
- Optimum value-for-money ratio
- Measuring circuit category: CAT IV (1,000V)
- Measuring range V/AC: 5 a 1,000 V
- Environment: pollution degree 2
- Protection class: IP20
- Voltage display: LED
- Functions: non-contact detection of AC voltage (without galvanic contact), audible alarm, visual alarm, integrated light indicator
- Humidity range: max. 85 % r.H.
- Temperature range: 0 °C to 40 °C
- Safety: EN 61610-1:2010, EN 61610-2-033:2012, EN 61326-1:2013, EN 61326-2-2:2013
- Battery type: 2 x 1.5 V, AAA
- Dimension: 154 x 32 x 28 mm
- Weight: 50 g
- Scope of delivery: meter, battery(ies), operating instructions
|AC voltage [V/AC]|
|Min. measuring range | AC voltage [V]||5|
|Max. measuring range | AC voltage [V]||1,000|
|CAT IV (1,000 V)|
|Degree of pollution 2|
|Type of protection|
|Battery type||2 x 1.5 V, AAA|
|Operation - min. temperature [°C]||0|
|Operation - max. temperature [°C]||40|
|Max. humidity range [% r.F.]||85|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||154|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||32|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||28|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||0.05|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Ascertainable measured values and functions|
|Detection of live cables|
|Functions and features|
|Non-contact AC voltage detection (without galvanic contact)|