BE15 voltage detector
Non-contact voltage detection with two sensitivity levels
Quick and non-contact detection of alternating voltages
Not only the compact pen-shaped design with pocket clip makes the BE15 voltage detector a trusted partner to be kept close by any craftsman and do-it-yourselfer; the phasing tester permits a quick, non-contact detection of alternating voltages in two selectable sensitivity levels (200 V and 24 V).
Moreover, the BE15 also detects low voltages as can be officially required in certain areas such as in wet rooms. All it takes is for you to press the switch-over button and the colour change of the LED indicator from green to orange indicates that the higher 24 V sensitivity level has been activated. The warnings when approaching a live conductor are consistent with the procedure described above.
The LED lamp integrated at the clip end permits an optimum illumination of dark inspection areas and so enables safe and precise working without tiring despite unfavourable lighting conditions. The convenient power button permits a full deactivation of the measuring device BE15 in order to save energy during periods of non-use.
Visual and acoustic alarm when voltage is present
Approaching a live conductor, such as a socket, switch or cable connection, with the switched on BE15, the measuring device detects and indicates this quickly and without contact based on a capacitive measurement method: The LED indicator integrated in the measuring tip turns from green to red and visually indicates "CAUTION: Hazardous voltage!". An acoustic warning signal is also emitted in addition.
A powerful LED flashlight is integrated on the clip side of the BE15, which can also be used to optimally illuminate dark measuring point areas.
The BE15 should be part of the basic equipment of all do-it-yourselfers and craftsmen who carry out work on live installations for quick test use.
BE15 - Special equipment features
Compact design in pen form with pocket clip
All Voltage detectors in direct comparison:
To find the voltage detector which exactly meets your requirements, please consult the concise overview of all Voltage detectors from Trotec, which we're providing to you here so that you can compare them directly to each other.
Models which you do not wish to include in your comparison can be easily dismissed with only one click.
A few practical benefits:
- Quick and non-contact detection of alternating voltages
- Multi-coloured LED indicator integrated in the measuring tip (green: OK, red: CAUTION! Hazardous voltage!, orange (instead of green): switch-over to higher sensitivity level (24 V) active)
- To sensitivity levels can be selected (200 V; 24 V)
- Visual and acoustic alarm when voltage is present
- Power button for full deactivation of the device when not in use (energy saving mode)
- Compact design in pen shape with pocket clip
- Integrated LED lamp for operation in unfavourable lighting conditions
- Optimum value-for-money ratio
- Measuring circuit category: CAT III 1,000 V / CAT IV 600 V
- Measuring range UAC: 24 to 1,000 V
- Micro environment: pollution degree 2
- Test type: single-pole, contactless
- Voltage indication: LED
- Functions: visual and audible continuity indication, integrated flashlight for measuring point illumination
- Safety: EN 61326, EN 61010-1, EN 61010-02-033
- Power supply: 2 x 1.5 V, IEC LR03
- Operating temperature min. 0°C to +40°C
- Max. Humidity range 80% R.H.
- Dimensions: 158 x 21 x 25 mm
- Weight: 48 g (incl. batteries)
- Scope of delivery: measuring device, batteries, operating instructions
|AC voltage [V/AC]|
|Min. measuring range | AC voltage [V]||24|
|Max. measuring range | AC voltage [V]||1,000|
|CAT III (1,000 V)|
|CAT IV (600 V)|
|Degree of pollution 2|
|Battery type||2 x 1.5 V, AAA|
|Operation - min. temperature [°C]||0|
|Operation - max. temperature [°C]||40|
|Max. humidity range [% r.F.]||80|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||158|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||21|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||25|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||0.048|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|One pair of measuring cables (banana)|
|Contact temperature sensor type K|
|Ascertainable measured values and functions|
|Functions and features|
|Non-contact AC voltage detection (without galvanic contact)|
|Measured value hold function|
|Maximal value display|
|Automatic measuring range selection|
|Contact temperature measurement with type K contact sensor|
|Automatic battery test|
|Acoustic continuity check|
|Visual continuity check|
|Phase sequence indicator|
|Unipolar phase testing|
|Integrated digital clock|
|Calendar function / date display|
|Programmable electricity tariffs|
|Consumption indication as active power in watts|
|Consumption indication as scale of charges in cents|
|Recording mode for long-term measurements|