BE15 voltage detector
Non-contact voltage detection with two sensitivity levels
Not only the compact pen-shaped design with pocket clip makes the BE15 voltage detector a trusted partner to be kept close by any craftsman and do-it-yourselfer; the phasing tester permits a quick, non-contact detection of alternating voltages in two selectable sensitivity levels (200 V and 24 V).
Approaching a live conductor, such as a socket, switch or cable connection, with the switched on BE15, the measuring device detects and indicates this quickly and without contact based on a capacitive measurement method: The LED indicator integrated in the measuring tip turns from green to red and visually indicates "CAUTION: Hazardous voltage!". An acoustic warning signal is also emitted in addition.
Moreover, the BE15 also detects low voltages as can be officially required in certain areas such as in wet rooms. All it takes is for you to press the switch-over button and the colour change of the LED indicator from green to orange indicates that the higher 24 V sensitivity level has been activated. The warnings when approaching a live conductor are consistent with the procedure described above.
The LED lamp integrated at the clip end permits an optimum illumination of dark inspection areas and so enables safe and precise working without tiring despite unfavourable lighting conditions. The convenient power button permits a full deactivation of the measuring device BE15 in order to save energy during periods of non-use.
A few practical benefits:
- Quick and non-contact detection of alternating voltages
- Multi-coloured LED indicator integrated in the measuring tip (green: OK, red: CAUTION! Hazardous voltage!, orange (instead of green): switch-over to higher sensitivity level (24 V) active)
- To sensitivity levels can be selected (200 V; 24 V)
- Visual and acoustic alarm when voltage is present
- Power button for full deactivation of the device when not in use (energy saving mode)
- Compact design in pen shape with pocket clip
- Integrated LED lamp for operation in unfavourable lighting conditions
- Optimum value-for-money ratio