Ozone disinfector Airozon® 20000
Powerful ozone generator for the disinfection of interior spaces and for odour neutralization
With Airozon® ozonization, viruses and bacteria will be effectively eliminated
The Airozon® ozone disinfection of classrooms, hotel rooms, holiday homes, nursing homes, rental cars, boats or taxis neither costs much money nor time, but creates a sterilized environment without any germ load and without the risk of infection and leaves a secure feeling to guests, renters, customers, inhabitants or visitors. Compared to spraying and wiping disinfectants as a labour and personnel intensive job, disinfecting with ozone can be carried out fully automatic and without using additional chemicals.
In this way, you'll be able to offer your customers some important extra hygiene in times of Corona by hygienically sterilizing the air and all surfaces in hotel rooms, conference and classrooms, flats or accommodations as well as vehicle interiors and by freeing them from germs. And even "after Corona", your customers will appreciate ozonation with the Airozon® as the treated interior spaces will pleasantly remain free from odours!
The application of the Airozon® 20000 is very simple and offers a multitude of benefits, especially compared to conventional cleaning methods:
- Automated treatment process, no personnel needs to be hired
- Very time-saving procedure
- Also suitable for sudden and unscheduled operations
- Even works in places that are difficult to access and cannot be reached by means of mechanical procedures
- Virtually usable at any desired application site – all it takes is a power socket
- Odour removal without leaving residues and without the use of chemicals
Disinfecting large interior spaces and neutralizing odours –
the Airozon® 20000 makes it possible
The Airozon® 20000 is an ozone disinfector with a high ozone output, which can be transported easily and is flexibly applicable. Thanks to these properties the Airozon® 20000 proves to be the perfect choice for the professional disinfection of large surfaces and spatial volumes.
From the classroom to the specialized retail store or the hotel lobby, including train compartments – in any places where lots of people meet, are transported, where there are loads of visitors, or where the users of venues change frequently, effective infection control as a hygiene concept meeting requirements is indispensable.
Traditional cleaning methods alone are often not sufficient here, since they are less effective, as has been proven, and they furthermore require too much time and involve a great deal of personnel expenditures as well as the use of chemicals, still making it impossible to reliably ascertain that places that are difficult to access have been really disinfected to the full extent by wipe disinfection.
Quick and consistent ozone disinfection even of large surfaces
A professional Airozon®ozonization is one of the quickest and most effective methods for the disinfection of surfaces and indoor air. With the powerful ozone disinfector Airozon® 20000 even larger areas and surfaces can be subjected to an especially reactive ozone concentration equally quickly and consistently, resulting in a speedy depletion of infectious germs by oxidation. Treatment with the Airozon<sup>®</sup> 20000 ensures that human-pathogenic viruses and bacteria within the treatment radius are reliably killed off, and it is also effective against germs and harmful microorganisms.
Equally high and stable ozone output values for optimum disinfection results
The duplex compound of high-quality, durable 10g-ozone electrodes specially integrated into the Airozon® 20000 works with an insulated dielectric barrier to attain a highly effective, stable ozone output of 20,000 mg/h under ambient air conditions, discharged quickly over the whole treatment zone by a high-pressure radial fan. Such ozone levels are the prerequisite for an effective surface disinfection of extensive areas like for example classrooms, retail stores or whole train compartments and buses.
And the option to connect an air transport hose even makes it possible to carry out the targeted disinfection of areas that are difficult to access such as partition walls, crawls spaces, cavities and tanks or passageways, or to connect ventilation systems with the Airozon® 20000.
Also suited for the neutralization of stubborn odours
Unpleasant odours can not only persist in buses, trains or other areas where large numbers of people are present, cleaning and restoration staff also often face stubborn odours in other places during their work, often even persisting after the source of the odour has been removed, since the odours have penetrated deeply into upholstery, carpets, furniture, wall panelling and other materials. An Airozon®ozonization with the Airozon® 20000 also offers professional remedies for these cases. Odour-carrying molecules are depleted via oxidation using ozone – the source of the odour is neutralized, the odour is removed, the problem is solved.
The sum of all these properties make the Airozon® 20000 the perfect professional ozone disinfector for many groups of users:
- Bodies responsible for schools or nursery schools
- Public transport companies and taxi companies
- Facility service providers
- Wholesale and retail
- Hotels and property management
- Car rental companies and automotive trade
- Catering trade
- The Airozon generators of the Airozon® series make use of the oxygen present in the surrounding air as a molecular compound.
- The surrounding air is drawn in by the ozone generator where an electrical discharge procedure takes place. After that, the energy breaks down the diatomic oxygen molecule into two single oxygen atoms in form of free radicals.
- The atomic oxygen recombines (A) with an oxygen molecule to form ozone.
- Ozone is a very powerful oxidising agent with a high reaction potential. This makes it an effective reagent for the decomposition of disruptive substances in the surrounding air. The radicals bound in the ozone molecule separate from the molecule compound (B) and react with all kinds of substances in the surrounding air, even if these are only present in very little concentrations. The oxidative decomposition of airborne and immovable pollutants (e.g. in the ground, on walls or on the ceiling), results in an odour neutralisation and decontamination by means of killing viruses, bacteria, mould and carcinogenic/allergenic microorganisms.
- After the oxidation of oxygen atoms with the reactants, the ozone molecules will be transformed into oxygen molecules.
- Due to their metastable bond, ozone molecules that did not oxidise will also decompose into oxygen after some time without leaving harmful residues. In interior spaces and under normal conditions, ozone has a half-life of approx. 30 to 60 minutes. This means that the ozone concentration in the room air at least naturally halves every hour in a natural way.
- Technical oxygen regeneration: Use this function to substantially speed up the duration of natural ozone decay into oxygen (6). The ozone generator Airozon® Supercracker is already equipped with an integrated oxygen regeneration cycle. Furthermore, all ozone disinfectors of the Airozon®Professional series from Trotec can also be combined with the innovative oxygen regenerator Zerozon 200 as a master-slave solution for accelerated ozone depletion.
What makes the ozonation with the Airozon®so effective?
Ozone is one of the strongest, naturally occurring sterilisers in the world. Due to its bactericidal, virucidal and sporicidal properties, it is an effective means to eliminate microorganisms such as bacteria, spores or viruses.
In higher atmospheric layers, ozone is naturally produced by ultraviolet radiation of the sun. Near the ground, ozone arises as a result of lightning strikes or waterfalls. Air and water are constantly cleaned by naturally occurring ozone. The highest natural ozone concentrations can be found at seashores or in alpine and in forestal areas – areas where you'll feel refreshed immediately. The human sense of smell is able to perceive ozone even in smallest concentrations of 0.1 to 0.2 parts per million (ppm).
Strong oxidizer for eliminating germs and odours
Due to its high oxidation power, ozone is very reactive with molecules producing odours. The ozone changes their chemical structure which results in the formation of odour-neutralised molecules and the air being cleaned. This is the reason why the treatment with ozone is a fast and effective way to permanently get rid of the most persistent odours. Moreover, the ozone produced with the Airozon® also destroys infectious viruses, bacteria and germs on surfaces and in the room air: it diffuses through the protein shell into the nucleic acid where it destroys the viral RNA.
For this reason, ozone produced by industry and technology is chiefly used for the purification of drinking water, the sterilisation and treatment of pool water, the water preparation for the food and beverage industry or the conditioning of cooling and process water.
What is very much useful in the industrial sector can also provide many advantages in your own company:
The Airozon® ozone generator produces ozone technically and can be used absolutely flexible on every desired location for oxidative disinfection and odour elimination. Because this is exactly the field of application of the Airozon® ozone generators, this is what they have been designed for.
Cleverly combined: Zerozon 200 – innovative master-slave solution for accelerated ozone depletion after the treatment
Without the support of oxygen regeneration technology, the unoxidized ozone in the room has to naturally decompose into oxygen first before the treated rooms can be entered. With this method the specific half-life period of ozone determines the process of decay.
With the globally unique oxygen regenerator Zerozon 200 you can speed up this process significantly: The Zerozon 200 can be combined with all ozone disinfectors of the Airozon®Professional series as a master-slave solution and speeds up the depletion process by up to 30 times compared to natural decay.
The combined use of the Zerozon 200 therefore makes it possible to substantially reduce treatment times, so that the areas treated can be accessed and utilized far more quickly again! Available soon!
Examples of possible uses for the Airozon® 20000:
- Indoor disinfection of school and nursery school rooms or retail stores
- Surface disinfection in train compartments, trams or buses
- Sterilisation and odour neutralisation of hotel rooms, holiday homes or other accommodations where people frequently change, and in sanitary areas
- Elimination of microorganisms such as bacteria, mould spores and viruses on surfaces and in the room air
- Indoor air purification and surface disinfection of large vehicles, recreational vehicles or yachts
- Odour removal after fire and water damage
The Airozon® 20000 can also be used for effective odour neutralization:
- Smell of burning/chemicals in rooms, furniture, textiles
- Mould and mildew odour after water damage
- Smell of burning and secondary effects of organic substances
- Burning odour after cable fires
- Odours of decay
- Lacquer, glue or paint odours
- Faecal odours
- Animal odours
Compliance with ozone limit values
Since ozone is an oxidative irritant gas with harmful effects on eyes, nose, pharynx and lungs even at low concentrations, it is absolutely imperative to ensure that defined limit values are met after the treatment process of an ozone generator has been terminated.
Therefore use a suitable ozone meter after a completed ozone treatment and after a corresponding regeneration waiting time to check and ensure that the ozone concentration in the space treated allows safe access again.
By international standards the MAC thresholds for handling ozone vary between 0.05 and 0.1 ppm. In outdoor areas the typical exposure limit for ground-level ozone amounts to 120 µg/m³.
Our recommendation: The professional ozone meter OZ‑ONE can be ideally used to check whether the treated rooms can be safely accessed again after you've completed an ozonization process.
The electrochemical sensor of the OZ‑ONE measures an ozone concentration of up to 1 ppm and is characterized by a high accuracy especially at low ozone levels, ensuring that even minor concentrations beneath the risk threshold can be reliably detected.
Note: The OZ‑ONE is not suitable for measuring high ozone concentrations > 1 ppm as they are generated during a treatment. Therefore, the OZ‑ONE cannot be used for measurements during ongoing treatments!
Just some of the many convincing equipment benefits of the Airozon® 20000
All odour neutralisers in direct comparison:
To find the odour neutraliser which exactly meets your requirements, please consult the concise overview of all devices which we're providing to you here so that you can compare them directly to each other.
Models which you do not wish to include in your comparison can be easily dismissed with only one click.
A few practical benefits:
- Professional quality "made in Germany" – originally produced by Trotec
- Robust construction for professional disinfection and odour neutralization
- One-stage ozone output with 20,000 mg/h
- Professional disinfection of rooms and surfaces with virucidal effectiveness – scientifically proven
- Corona discharge via quartz glass dielectric* for permanently stable ozone performance values
- Duplex package of high-quality 10 g ozone electrodes with long lifetime even under professional operating conditions
- Easy to transport – stackable to save space in the warehouse and during transport
- Powerful radial fan for treating large rooms in an economical way
- Acoustic indication of the end of treatment by means of an alarm signal
- The hose connection provides for a targeted use even in poorly accessible areas
- Timer function for preselecting the treatment duration between 0 minutes to 100 hours
- Operating hours counter for recording the operating period
- Integrated G4 air filter prevents contamination of interior components
|Air flow rate|
|Max. air volume flow [m³/h]||480|
|Max. ozone output [mg/h]||20,000|
|Mains connection||230 V/50 - 60 Hz|
|Max. power input [W]||500|
|Nominal current consumption [A]||2.2|
|Connection plug||CEE 7/7|
|Cable length [m]||3.7|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||610|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||360|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||400|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||19.4|
|Equipment, features and functions|
|Oxygen regeneration mode|
|Functions and features|
|Operating control lamp|
|Operating hours counter|