LD6000 combination detector
Leak detection and acoustic pipe location
LD6000 – The ideal solution for the industry, utility companies
Whether for line routing, leak encircling or pinpoint location – the advanced LD6000 and high-quality microphones of German manufacturing enable the capturing, signal processing and display of even the teensiest leakage sounds in as yet unknown dimensions.
With the LD6000, industrial users benefit from a universally applicable measuring instrument, which not only ensures quick and precise leak detection in wide supply networks, but by use of the hydrogen measurement method enables especially economic test methods, e.g. the tightness test of weld seams, valves, tanks, boilers, pressure lines or pump bodies.
The LD6000 provides manifold possible uses for utility companies' water loss analyses: Acoustic pinpoint location with highly sensitive ground microphones, trace gas leak detection in drinking water systems, route detection on metallic and non-metallic pipelines – or tightness tests of pipe connections and seals. Comprehensive equipment accessories like the ground, contact and palpation probe microphones make the LD6000 also a universal solution for quick and reliable leak detection in craft applications.
The LD6000 provides various adjustment possibilities for a quick and precise leak detection and can optionally be operated by the user via touchscreen or keys and control dials. Several default settings for many typical application cases are available for quick access, filters and further parameters can of course be configured individually.
Standard scope of delivery:
- LD6000 measuring device 
- LD K – sound-protected headphones 
- LD6000 BM – universal microphone with magnetic adapter 
- LD6000 DA – tripod adapter 
- LD6000 VL – palpation probe extension with tip 
- LD6000 TG – shoulder strap 
- PC connection cable
- LD6000 carrying case 
Optionally available accessories:
- LD6000 BMW – wind protected ground microphone (with dead man's grip) 
- LD6000 VK – Connecting cable
- LD6000 BMW DA – Tripod adapter for ground microphone LD6000 BMW 
- LD6000 H2 - Hydrogen handsensor 
- LD6000 H2 - Hydrogen groundsensor with integrated pump 
- LD6000 H2 - pump kit - to retrofit pumpless groundsensors 
A few practical benefits:
- Acoustic and trace gas leak detection with only one device
- High-resolution colour graphic display with touchscreen function
- Unique in the world in this appliance class: the innovative smart function for a still quicker precise leak detection (patent-protected)
- Many typical cases of application already preassigned for quick access
- All filters and parameters can be freely configured
- Pipe location mode
- Meets the requirements for ear protection as per accident prevention regulation BGV B3 (formerly VBG 121) when using the original headphones
- Highly sensitive, robust precision microphones of German high-quality manufacturing
The principle of acoustic leak detection
On leaks in pressure pipes the with high speed outpouring water creates friction caused sound.
On the one hand the pipeline is made to vibrate. The sound that is generated is transmitted through the pipes and can be transformed into audible sound with a body sound microphone at a distant contact point (valve, hydrant, armature).
On the other hand the directly on the leak outpouring water creates sound, which are carried through the ground up to the surface. This sound can be picked up by a geophone and transformed into audible sound.
The innovative combination detector LD6000 is suitable for manifold tasks and makes acoustic and trace gas location with only one device possible:
- Acoustic pinpoint location with geophone.
- Location and pipeline tracing, also with plastic pipelines.
- Acoustic body sound measurement.
- Trace gas leak detection in drinking water networks.
- Leak detection and tightness testing on house installations and industrial pipings.
Pipe location mode
This mode serves to localize pressurized water lines especially those made of plastic, treated with ultrasound by pulse generator LD-PULS.
Trace gas detection
When combined with the hydrogen sensor LD6000 H2, trace gas leak detection in supply networks or domestic installations can be performed quickly and precisely.
|Min. measuring range [Hz]||0|
|Max. measuring range [Hz]||4,000|
|Input impedance [Ω]||1 M|
|Max. output impedance [Ω]||10|
|Memory||Internal flash memory for up to 20 measurement series and as buffer memory for recording long-term measurements of 5, 15, 30 and 60 min.|
|Storage type||Internal flash memory|
|6.3 mm audio jack (headphones)|
|Type of protection|
|Operation - min. temperature [°C]||-5|
|Operation - max. temperature [°C]||55|
|Up to 14 hours in continuous operation|
|Up to 40 hours in normal usage|
|Battery type||4 x type LR14 C 1.5 V|
|Length (packaging excluded) [mm]||210|
|Width (packaging excluded) [mm]||160|
|Height (packaging excluded) [mm]||60|
|(packaging excluded) [kg]||1.05|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Standard scope of delivery|
|Tripod adapter for universal microphone|
|Palpation probe extension with tip for universal microphone|
|Shoulder strap for measuring device|
|PC connection cable (special USB solution)|
|Magnetic adapter for universal microphone|
|Software LD6000 Transfer|
|Ascertainable measured values and functions|
|Functions and features|
|Acoustic leak detection (audible sound) by use of F + L analysis function|
|Acoustic leak detection (audible sound) by use of smart analysis function|
|Acoustic long-term measuring (audible sound, logging function)|
|Acoustic pipe location via sound ranging|
|Trace gas leak detection|
|Minimum level indication|
|Acoustic pulse wave measurement|
|Automatic adjustment of filter frequencies|
|Automatic adjustment of sensor sensitivity|
|Preference memory function for manual filter settings|
|Sound level override protection|
|Trace gas detection with visual signal depending on the concentration|
|Trace gas detection with acoustic signal depending on the concentration|
|Control via touch function|
|Control via keys|
|Control via control dial|
|High-pass filter adjustable|
|Low-pass filter adjustable|
|Up to 256 freely selectable filters|