Cordless hammer drill
Professional all-rounders for screwing, rotary drilling and impact drilling
Easily manageable for successful applications
Cordless hammer drills expand the versatile application possibilities of cordless drill drivers by way of the on-demand impact power of an impact drilling machine. Therefore, these devices are equally popular with ambitious do-it-yourselfers and professional users, for these multi-function tools permit not only material-concordant un-/screwing or rotary drilling in wood and metal – owing to the on-demand impact mechanism it is also not a problem to drill holes into hard materials such as brick or concrete.
Brand quality plus cost-efficiency
Until now, however, you basically only had two options when choosing a cordless hammer drill: either good but expensive, or mainly cheap. Trotec’s PowerTools now offer a smart choice: good price, good product and good design – all in one. HighPerformance in every respect, for we do not only stand for measuring devices and air conditioners, but also for power tools of brand quality: professional Trotec solutions with an excellent value-for-money ratio!
Cordless hammer drills – perfect all-rounders for every workshop
Drilling holes into walls and concrete, screwing together new shelves in next to no time or loosening old screws – using a cordless hammer drill you can accomplish all of the above tasks with a single device. The multifunctional device is extremely versatile, powerful and practical and belongs in every well-equipped (hobby) workshop. But which factors really matter for the purchase decision and what are the must-have properties for your new cordless hammer drill?
How does the cordless hammer drill work?
The cordless hammer drill is particularly versatile. This is due to its adjustable rotational speed. Screwing only requires a low speed, for drilling and impact drilling you will need a higher speed.
The impact mechanism can be switched on in addition and is only required for drilling into hard materials. Once the impact function has been activated, the drill bit completes several thousand movements per minute along the longitudinal axis which leads to intense vibrations inside the device. The cordless hammer drill is built in a way that it lies comfortably in the hand and you hardly notice any vibrations. This enables clean and precise drilling even in hard materials.
The electric motor is driven by a lithium-ion battery. As a result they are especially flexible and mobile and you don’t have to worry about the length of the power cable. Due to the employed technology there is hardly any performance loss noticeable when compared with electric hammer drills – unless we are talking about continuous operation lasting an entire day.
What can the cordless hammer drill be used for?
There is a wide range of possible applications:
- You can build up or disassemble furniture as if it were a walk in the park
- In wood and other soft materials you can drill holes without using the impact function
- For drilling holes in hard materials such as concrete, cement and masonry you can use the impact function
What is a cordless hammer drill?
A cordless hammer drill is a tool, driven by an electric motor, that allows for several application possibilities. It has two speed levels. While the first speed level is suitable for screwing or loosening screws, drilling and impact drilling can be performed using the second speed level. To ensure the optimum power for every application, the device is fitted with an integrated torque selection including a setting each for drilling and impact drilling. For drilling holes into especially hard materials such as cement or concrete simply switch on the impact function in addition – it operates like a combined drill and chisel.
Premium branded battery for constantly full power
By now, lithium-ion batteries are widely distributed, after all they come without memory effect and self-discharge. Plus these batteries can be disconnected from the charger and used right away without it affecting the battery’s lifetime. But “lithium ions” is a generic term used for batteries of various qualities and made of diverse electrode materials; including those with a perceptibly weakening performance once the battery charge decreases.
Lithium-ion batteries supplied by Trotec are high-quality premium branded NMC batteries with a high energy density and charging voltage lasting until the end without exceptions – guaranteed! Compared to conventional lithium-ion batteries the performance of our premium branded batteries does not decrease even as the discharge increases.
Consequently, you benefit from lasting maximum power even with an almost empty battery. During longer operation only the battery charge decreases, never their performance – that is the added value of Trotec’s premium branded batteries!
Bits for the cordless hammer drill
The best cordless hammer drill will be of no avail without the right selection of screwdriver and drill bits. The proper bits are an absolute necessity for screwing, for otherwise the screw or even worse the workpiece might be damaged.
Generally, a distinction is made between two types of screws: wood screws and metal screws. Wood screws taper off towards the bottom end and with this tip can be screwed directly into the material. Metal screws on the other hand are flat-ended and need a previously drilled hole for screwing. Further differences are apparent in the screw head – also referred to as screw profile. Presumably the most noted specimen are the Phillips screw and the slotted-head screw. However, there is a great variety of other screw profiles on the market. A well-equipped bit set offers a wide choice of different sizes and profiles, e.g. for torx or Pozidriv® screws.
Purchasing a cordless hammer drill – what should you take into account for your decision?
Naturally, there are a great number of criteria for the selection of a cordless hammer drill determined by your personal requirements and expectations. To name only a few of them:
- The battery capacity: It is not without reason that lithium-ion batteries are used in numerous devices – from the cordless hammer drill to a telephone. Not only are they particularly safe, they also supply the required power even for longer operation. Please note: The more the Ah and the higher the voltage, the longer will the battery last and larger screws can be bolted in with all the more ease. For domestic use your device should have at least 14.4 V and 1.5 Ah. Also noteworthy: How long does one charge last during operation and what is the charging time until the battery is again fully charged and ready for use?
- Special equipment: Professionals with a lot of mobile work should invest in a device with integrated work light. IT will enable them to work safely and accurately even in rather dark surroundings.
- Operation: A cordless hammer drill is considered to be a device for experienced users and professionals. Nonetheless, do-it-yourselfers can quickly become acquainted with the functions as well. The simpler the operation, the more effectively and efficiently can the cordless hammer drill be employed:
- Weight: Excessive weight makes it hard to use the tool single-handedly. Over a longer period of time working will be exhausting and your arm muscles will start to ache eventually. On the other hand, the device should not be too light either in order for you to hold and guide it safely and precisely. Sophisticated cordless hammer drills often have a weight of approx. 2 kg.
- Accessories: Many versions are already delivered to your home with many useful accessories, others offer an additional purchase option.
The cordless hammer drill PHDS 11-20V
With the PHDS 11-20V from Trotec you are buying the ideal complete solution for many application purposes and every requirement. This multitool comes equipped with a powerful 20 V lithium-ion battery that will be ready for use after only one hour of charging time – easily done using the quick charger included in the scope of delivery. The powerful motor has a 2-speed gear, 20 torque settings and an additional setting each for drilling and impact drilling. With very little effort the keyless drill chuck holds screwdriver bits, bit holders, and drill bits with a shank diameter of up to 13 mm. A 32-piece screwdriver bit set is further separately available for purchase and – as if that weren’t enough – Trotec also offers a metal drill bit set and a wood drill bit set.
The PHDS 11-20V is fitted with an integrated LED work light, it permits precisely accurate drilling and screwing operations even in dark corners. An additional handle is also included in the scope of delivery to make sure you can guide your device with high precision at any time. It can be attached both on the left- or right-hand side.
Be it for the new bookshelf, for extending your attic or the new kitchen: with the PHDS 11-20V you are optimally prepared for any drilling or screwing task in wood, metal or brickwork.