Technology, sales, invoices:
Ask our specialists.
Sound locator LD6
The ultra-compact solution for leak detection and pre-location in water supply
Using the LD6, you can quickly and safely check lines or fittings to detect sounds of leakage. The combination of a highly sensitive vibration sensor and appropriate amplifier technology allows to detect even minimal structure-borne sound waves.
At the push of a button, you can filter either high or low frequencies, which enables you to carry out successful measurements on both metallic and non-metallic lines. The wireless Bluetooth transmission to the headphones facilitates the measurement process considerably.
To carry out a measurement, you can place either the measuring tip of the LD6 or one of the accessories included in the scope of delivery on the line, fitting or floor. If there is a pipe burst in the line being inspected, a leak sound will be emitted at the respective spot.
The integrated level indicator additionally shows the intensity of the sound received.
How to find leaks using the LD6:
- Place the measuring tip of the LD6 on the test object.
- Watch the level on the LED indicator.
- A stable level indicates a leak or water withdrawal.
- If the sound level temporarily drops to zero, there is no leak.
- Switch on the wireless headphones and adjust the signal modulation for an ideal sound transmission.
- Measure at different points to track down the location of the leak.